Cope Energy is committed to providing a quality service and working in an open and accountable way that builds trust and respect. One of the ways in which we can continue to improve our service is by listening and responding to the views of our clients/potential clients, and in particular by responding positively to complaints, and by putting our mistakes right.
A complaint is any contact from, or on behalf of, a client or potential client who is not satisfied with any part of our service.
We aim to ensure that:
- making a compliment or complaint is as easy as possible
- we welcome compliments, feedback, and suggestions
- we treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for an immediate response
- we deal with it promptly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially
- we respond in the right way – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, or information on any action taken etc.
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve our service, and review annually our complaints policy and procedures
Raising a complaint:
You can contact us using one of the options below.
- Phone: 0333 210 0460
- Email: email@example.com
- Write: Cope Energy, Unit 7 Birchy Cross Business Centre, Broad Lane, Tanworth-in-Arden, B94 5DN
We will acknowledge your complaint within 24 hours of receipt.
Our Account Managers are trained to resolve things for you straight away. If they can’t, they’ll refer your complaint to a Director. The resolution of your complaint might include actions to put our mistake right, an apology and explanation. We aim to resolve your complaint within two working days.
Any complaints which concern or relate to issues of service provided by an Energy Supplier we aim to resolve on your behalf within 28 days, and we will keep you updated throughout the process. Please be advised some suppliers will not allow us to raise a complaint on your behalf.
Upon resolution we will provide you with written acknowledgement that the complaint is closed.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint we will issue a 'deadlock letter'. This letter will tell you that you can now contact Ombudsman Services (details below). You must escalate your complaint within 12 months of receiving the letter.
Taking further action
If you’re not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint or it has been unresolved for more than 8 weeks, you can escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman Services: Energy.
The Ombudsman offers an impartial & independent service that is free to use.
You can contact Ombudsman Services: Energy on 0330 440 1624, email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.ombudsman-services.org or write to Ombudsman Services: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF.
The Energy Ombudsman will carry out an independent investigation on your behalf. As part of resolving your complaint, they may ask us to do one or more of the following: apologise, give an explanation, and take action to correct things for you or award compensation (subject to a limit).